Accelerated C# 2008
|Lowest New Price:
|Lowest Used Price:
- Studio: Apress
- Theatrical Release Date: Dec 31, 1969
- DVD Release Date: Dec 31, 1969
- Run Time:
- ASIN: 1590598733
- Sales Rank: 3331030
Editorial Review from Product Description
Many books introduce C#, but if you don't have the time to read 1,200 pages, Accelerated C# 2008 gives you everything you need to know about C# 2008 in a concentrated 500 pages of must-know information and best practices.
C# 2008 offers powerful new features, and Accelerated C# 2008 is the fastest path to mastery, for both experienced C# programmers moving to C# 2008 and programmers moving to C# from another object-oriented language.
You?ll quickly master C# syntax while learning how the CLR simplifies many programming tasks. You?ll also learn best practices that ensure your code will be efficient, reusable, and robust. Why spend months or years discovering the best ways to design and code C# when this book will show you how to do things the right way, right from the start?
- Comprehensively and concisely explains both C# 2005 and C# 2008 features
- Focuses on the language itself and on how to use C# 2008 proficiently for all .NET application development
- Concentrates on how C# features work and how to best use them for robust, high?performance code
What you?ll learn
- How C# works with and exploits the CLR
- How to use arrays, collections, and iterators
- How to handle events with delegates and anonymous functions
- How to design and use generic types and methods
- How to thread efficiently and robustly
- How to use the C# 2008 anonymous types, lamba expressions, and extension methods
Who this book is for
If you?re an experienced C# programmer, you need to understand how C# has changed with C# 2008. If youre an experienced object?oriented programmer moving to C#, you want to ramp up quickly in the language while learning the latest features and techniques. In either case, this book is for you. The first three chapters succinctly present C# fundamentals, for those new to or reviewing C#. The rest of the book covers all the major C# features, in great detail, explaining how they work and how best to use them. Whatever your background or need, you'll treasure this book for as long as you code in C# 2008.