Acrylics - The Watercolor Alternative
North Light Books
|Lowest New Price:
|Lowest Used Price:
- Studio: North Light Books
- Theatrical Release Date: Dec 31, 1969
- DVD Release Date: Dec 31, 1969
- Run Time:
- ASIN: 1581805861
- UPC: 035313330575
- Sales Rank: 1256155
Editorial Review from Product Description
Experience the look and feel of watercolor... without the limits!
You never imagined acrylics could appear this translucent, this fluid - this much like watercolor! Acrylics: The Watercolor Alternative shows how you can capture the versatility and the permanence of acrylics with the aesthetic beauty of transparent watercolor.
Through 9 basic technique exercises and 10 step-by-step demonstrations, watermedia expert Charles Harrington introduces you to the perfect alternative to watercolor for beautiful, easier transparent painting. With his simple acrylic techniques, you can:
- attractively combine transparent, translucent and opaque passages within a single painting
- reduce the risk of muddy color when applying multiple glazes
- easily rework failed areas
- experiment on a variety of different surfaces
With Acrylics: The Watercolor Alternative, discover how to take advantage of the flexible, forgiving nature of acrylics for surprisingly watercolor-like results. Whether you are an acrylic painter who's after the luminous effects of watercolor or a watercolorist seeking the same with fewer hassles, this is the book for you!