The Administration and Supervision of Reading Programs, Fourth Edition (Language and Literacy Series (Teachers College Pr)) (Language & Literacy Series)
Economic Policy Institute and Teachers College
|Lowest New Price:
|Lowest Used Price:
- Studio: Economic Policy Institute and Teachers College
- Theatrical Release Date: Dec 31, 1969
- DVD Release Date: Dec 31, 1969
- Run Time:
- ASIN: 0807748498
- Sales Rank: 1589581
Editorial Review from Product Description
--Journal of Reading
''In short, Drs. Wepner and Strickland have done it again! They have provided us with a relevant, research-based, and readable reference on the organization of school reading programs.''
--From the Foreword by Jack Cassidy, former President of the International Reading Association and the College Reading Association
Now in its Fourth Edition, this popular textbook is still the most comprehensive resource on the oversight of literacy programs (PreK-12). With chapters written by experts with years of experience in schools, this new edition has been completely updated to incorporate current views about the literacy field in relation to governmental changes and regulations such as the No Child Left Behind Act. Offering specific guidelines that literacy leaders can use to improve their programs, the text covers selecting materials, assessing the quality of teachers, providing staff development, working with different types of learners, and incorporating writing and technology.
* New insight about leading literacy programs in this era of accountability, high-stakes testing, and standards-based education.
* A focus on the changing role of reading specialists and the newly developed role of literacy coaches.
* Real-life vignettes throughout the book illustrate the application of theories.
* Advice for working with diverse learners, including English Language Learners and students with special needs.
* Concrete suggestions for collaborative leadership.
* An in-depth look at assessment of students and programs.