Accelerated Learning for the 21st Century: The Six-Step Plan to Unlock Your Master-Mind
|Lowest New Price:
|Lowest Used Price:
- Studio: Dell
- Theatrical Release Date: Dec 31, 1969
- DVD Release Date: Feb 09, 1998
- Run Time:
- ASIN: 0440507790
- Sales Rank: 413890
- Accelerated Learning
- Photoreading, 3rd Edition
- The High-Performance Mind: Mastering Brainwaves for Insight, Healing, and Creativity
- The Accelerated Learning Handbook: A Creative Guide to Designing and Delivering Faster, More Effective Training Programs
- Food & Mood: The Complete Guide to Eating Well and Feeling Your Best, Second Edition
- The Einstein Factor: A Proven New Method for Increasing Your Intelligence
- Photoreading: Read with Greater Speed, Comprehension, and Enjoyment to Absorb Complete Books in Minutes, 4th Edition
- The PMP Exam: Quick Reference Guide, Fifth Edition (Test Prep series)
- Natural Brilliance
- The Accelerated Learning Fieldbook: Making the Instructional Process Fast, Flexible, and Fun
Editorial Review from Product Description
We live in an era when the unprecedented speed of change means: The only certainty is uncertainty; you can't predict what skills will be useful in ten years time; in most professions knowledge is doubling every two or three years; and no job is forever--so being employable means being flexible and retraining regularly.
Accelerated Learning into the 21st Century contains a simple but proven plan that delivers the one key skill that every working person, every parent and student must master, and every teacher should teach: it's learning how to learn. The theory of eight multiple intelligences (linguistic, logical-mathematical, visual-spatial, kinesthetic, musical, interpersonal, intrapersonal, and naturalist) developed by Howard Gardner at Harvard University provides a foundation for the six-step MASTER-Mind system to facilitate learning (an acronym for Mind, Acquire, Search, Trigger, Exhibit, and Review), and is enhanced by the latest findings on the value of emotion and memory on the process of learning.
Combined with motivational stories of success applying these principles, and putting forth a clear vision of how the United States can dramatically improve the education system to remain competitive in the next century, Accelerated Learning into the 21st Century is a dynamic tool for self-improvement by individuals as diverse as schoolchildren and corporate executives.